The highly anticipated Amazon Prime Day sale is just around the corner, and we’re here to help you grab the best deals! Amazon Prime Day is a 36 hour sale, exclusively for members of Amazon Prime, that takes place each July. Prices are dropped on hundreds of thousands of items during the sale, resulting in some of the best deals of the year.
What you can do to prepare for Amazon Prime Day
#1. Make sure your Prime Membership is active.
You must be a Prime member to take advantage of these deals. Not ready to pay for a full membership?Check to see if you qualify for a free trial here, sign up for a monthly membership for just $12.99 (you can cancel at any time). Qualifying low income customers are eligible to receive a discounted rate of $5.99 per month (with no contract).
#2. Make a list
Many of these sales are department wide coupons, such as last year’s 30% off all clothing. It’s easy to forget what items and brands to search for. Take a few minutes and jot down the things you expect to purchase in the next few months so that you remember to grab them!
#3. Add your list to our search list
We’ve opened our official wishlist post in the Facebook group. Head over HERE to add your items to our list of things to search for!
#4. Sign up for your Free Trial of Pantry
Amazon is offering a new monthly membership that will give you unlimited Prime Shipping on Pantry orders (over $40). We will see some incredible deals in Prime Pantry for Prime Day, so sign up for your trial now!
Who can take advantage of the Amazon Prime Day sales?
This sale is only offered to members of Amazon Prime. Not a Prime Member? Check to see if you qualify for a free trial here. You can purchase an annual membership for $119, or a monthly (with no contract) for $12.99. Qualifying low income customers are eligible to receive a discounted rate of $5.99 per month (with no contract).
When does Prime Day start?
**CONFIRMED** We now believe that Prime Day will start at 2:00 p.m. CST on July 16th. The best deals will begin at 2:00 a.m. on July 17th, and you’ll want to stay up (or wake up early), as they will sell out FAST!
Which Stores Have Prime Day Deals?
In addition to Amazon, many competing retailers will offer up some mega savings for Prime Day!
Ebay will offer deals on many items across the board, all with free shipping available. They are also offering a 110% low price guarantee- if you find your item priced lower at a competitor, they will issue a gift card for the difference PLUS 10%! You can view all of the Ebay Prime Day sale items HERE
Target will be offering up some department wide coupons, such as 25% off small appliances, cookware, beauty, health, and 30% off furniture! You can see the sneak peek here, and we’ll be updating as more discounts become available.
How can I manage sifting through the “hundreds of thousands” of items while I’m at work?
Amazon Prime Day is overwhelming- not only are there hidden deals on items shipped from and sold by Amazon, many of the 3rd party sellers who ship via Prime are also slashing prices. The best deals sell out very quickly- so there’s not a lot of time to browse.
Don’t worry! We’ll do all of the work for you. We pick out the best and hidden items and post them directly in our Extreme Christmas Savings Facebook Group. We also give ‘heads up’ posts and text alerts for popular lightning deals in our Amazing Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals group.
What items will be on sale during Amazon Prime Day?
You’ll see sales on individual items, high value coupons, coupons that take a percentage off of entire departments, lightning deals, and even deals on Subscribe and Save and Prime Pantry items. We will be live posting the hidden deals we find in our Extreme Christmas Savings Facebook Group.
The best deals are usually on Amazon devices, household items, grocery, and fashion. We expect to see another record breaking sale on the Instant Pot (and when you get one, check out our Pressure Cooking 101 group to learn how to use it!).
Confirmed Prime Day Deals:
Back-To-School Prime Day Deals
- Save up to 40% on select denim styles for kids from Levi’s and The Children’s Place
- Save up to 50% on apparel for kids and baby from Amazon brands, including Amazon Essentials and Spotted Zebra
- Save up to 30% on office products from AmazonBasics, an Amazon brand
- Save up to 30% on Minions and Trolls Binders by Avery
- Save 20% on select High Sierra Backpacks
- Save up to 30% select STEM toys
- Save 30% on everyday essentials from Amazon brands, including Solimo, AmazonFresh, Mama Bear, and Presto!
- Save $40 on Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet, only $89.99
- Save $30 on Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet, only $69.99
- Save $20 on Echo Dot Kids Edition, only $59.99
Off-To-College Prime Day Deals
- Save up to 50% on apparel for men and women from Amazon brands, including Amazon Essentials, Goodthreads, Daily Ritual, Core10 and more
- Save up to 40% on select jeans for women and men from Hudson, Lucky and DL1961
- Save up to 70% on select Samsonite two-piece spinner sets
- Save on a 32-inch Smart TV, only $129.99
- Save on a 40-inch Smart TV, only $194.99
- Save up to 40% on select SanDisk memory products
- Save up to 35% on select monitors, laptops and routers
- Save up to 30% on AmazonBasics computer accessories, laminators, bath towels, bedding and more
- Save up to 30% on furniture and décor from Rivet and Stone & Beam, including desks, office chairs, sofas, lamps, rugs and more
- Rivet Cove Mid-Century Tufted Sofa, only $499
- Save up to 25% on Tuft & Needle mattresses
- Save up to 30% on Cozy Sack Bean Bags
- Select Loloi Faux Cowhide Rugs, only $119
- Save 20% on select Novogratz Rugs
- Save 20% on select Modway Casper Chairs
- Save on Etekcity Wi-Fi Smart Plugs – works with Alexa
- Save on Keurig K-Café and K-Cups
- Save on Contigo West Loop Travel Mugs
What are Lightning Deals and How Do They Work?
Lightning deals are very limited quantity and are only available for about 4 hours (unless they sell out first). Some sell out in seconds, some will make it the full 4 hours.
New deals will go live every 15 minutes throughout the day.
You can view all lightning deals here.
To snag a lightning deal, make sure you’re viewing the item page as soon as your deal goes live. Add it to your cart. Unlike other items, lightning deals are secured in your cart for 15 minutes while you check out.
If an item is no longer available, you may be asked if you would like to join the waitlist. If someone ahead of you does not complete their purchase, it may be offered to you. A notification will pop up on your browser, so stay glued to your computer so you don’t miss it. If you’re mobile or walk away, refresh the item page to see if it allows you to purchase.
Lightning deals are typically limited to one per account.
We’ll update this post as we have more information, and if you would like deal alerts or have any questions at all, please join our Extreme Christmas Savings Facebook Group!